Every month, we share easy tasks you can do to keep your home in tip-top shape all year long. So, here are 5 simple tasks you can take on in October!
1. Pack Away the Air Conditioner: If you use a seasonal air conditioning unit, then now is the time to pack it up for winter. Make sure to spend a few extra minutes cleaning all the filters and coils as well. It will keep the unit in great shape and you'll be glad you did it when you dig it out next season.
2. Winterize External Plumbing Systems: It's much better to prepare for freezing temperatures before it's freezing! Winterize all exposed outdoor pipes and you'll avoid the trouble when there is snow or ice on the ground.
3. Check your Carbon Monoxide Detector: This is an important one! October is a great time to check your carbon monoxide detector to make sure it's performing well. Change the batteries, test it and replace old units.
4. Clean up for Halloween: Trick-or-treating can be a liability hazard! Clean up any loose tree limbs, fill holes in the yard and remove any fire hazard Halloween decorations before the kids are running to your door.
5. Save on Home Insurance: Homeowners Insurance is an important part of protecting your belongings. To make sure you have the best coverage, call us at (978) 562-3464 today for a free, no obligation quote!