We are open; however, our office locations remain closed to the public as we work towards a reopening plan.
We are available by phone, (978) 562-3464 or by email.
Registry Transactions: At this time we are unable to provide registry service for you; however, we will work with you by phone or by email and provide you all necessary information and paperwork so that you may go to the registry. Please visit the registry's website for updates: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-registry-of-motor-vehicles
Cash Payments: We are unable to accept cash payments at this time. Please make your payments online with the insurance company, mail in a check or bank check to the insurance company or make a payment over the phone with them directly. Please check our website for insurance company contact information.
We apologize for this inconvenience and will continue to monitor the situation closely. Thank you for your patience.
Thomas E. Sears Insurance Agency, Inc.
The Hands Free Driving Law goes into effect February 23, 2020. Here are 3 things you should know:
1. What does the hands-free law ban?
For Drivers who are 18 and over:
Texting while driving is already illegal. The new "hands-free" law prohibits drivers from texting (scrolling, etc), talking and holding a phone/device altogether unless it's to active the hands-free mode and property mounted.
Contact us today for more information or for assistance in purchasing Massachusetts Insurance.
Purchasing insurance online directly through a company is oh so tempting. It's convenient and it's quick. But what happens when you have an accident or when you need to register a car? Do you want to deal with someone who is across the country or would it be easier to speak to a local agent?
Here are 5 reasons why you should always opt to buy your insurance through an Independent Agent:
1. Local Offices
Our Agency has two offices - one in Hudson, MA and one in Uxbridge, MA. If you have a question about your coverages or need
to make changes to your policy our doors are always open. Come on it! No appointment necessary!
2. Expert Advice and Over 40 Years of Knowledge
It's so dangerous to go online and pick your own coverages without any guidance from an experienced Massachusetts insurance agent. Often times, you will omit a very important coverage or choose limits that are just too low. Our staff are all experienced and licensed property and casualty insurance agents. Some of us even hold the highest designation in the industry, Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU). As such, and with our many years of experience, we will always educate you, explain the insurance coverages and advise you on what products fit your needs. Don't go at it alone!
3. We Represent Several Insurance Companies, Giving You Choices
Because we represent several insurers, we can "shop" the best rates and coverage options for you. You're never stuck with just one company. And we always have the freedom to switch you to another company if for some reason you aren't happy.
We're a small agency and we value the close relationships we have with our customers. When you call, you will always speak with the same few people (if not the same person) whether it's to obtain a quote, report an accident, make a policy change or to pay your bill! You will never be shuffled off to "another department".
5. Registry Service
This one might be our customers' favorite :). If you purchase your insurance online from a company who is out of state, what happens when you need to register a car or renew your registration? Most likely, the company will send you paperwork and then you will have to go to the Registry. That alone is a hassle and if the paperwork isn't filled out correctly, you'll be wasting even more time. Our Hudson location has Registry services onsite! Our customers can register vehicles and renew registrations right at our office! No more spending hours upon hours at the Registry.
Let our team of experts assist you in buying Massachusetts insurance. We understand that it can be complicated and we're here to help!
Contact Thomas E. Sears Insurance Agency today at (978) 562-3464 or by email.
NO business is too small to be sued, to have a fire or be burglarized.
This short video from The Hartford Insurance sums it up well!
Contact Thomas E. Sears Insurance today and find out what your small business exposures are and what kind of insurance you need.
Easy tips and tricks to make your Massachusetts home look fresh and new? Here are 10 clever and simple ideas from top home designers and stagers:
1. Take down all of the magnets and pictures on your refrigerator. It will make the kitchen look instantly neater according to Megan Cudia, architectural designer. File all of those takeout menus in a drawer or binder and frame your kids' artwork to be hung up elsewhere.
2. Clean windows, mirrors and shower doors. According to Cudia, natural light and clear windows makes the space more inviting.
3. Trim shrubs and bushes. Tori Toth, author of Feel at Home: Home Staging Secrets for a Quick and Easy Sell recommends trimming back dead flowers, overgrown shrubs and other greenery. A manicured lawn makes your home look nice and neat.
4. Shake out the welcome mat! So easy but often overlooked. Living in Massachusetts can mean very dirty welcome mats and a mat covered in leaves and dirt does not make your home look very inviting. Toth suggests shaking it out or replacing it altogether.
5. Replace switch plates. White plastic outlet covers can get worn out and discolored. If you can't get them clean with a cloth, you're better off just to replace them.
6. Brighten up dark furniture. Natalie Moreno of Premier Home Staging says that dark furniture can suck up all the light. She suggests adding a pop of color with pillows, putting two pillows on each side. A stripe or solid in the back and then a print in the front.
7. Unsheathe your knives. Big knife blocks on your counter are dust magnets. Moreno suggests putting knives in a kitchen drawer and recycling those blocks for an instant "de-cluttered" look.
8. Sweep the fireplace. Vaccuum out the fireplace and place pretty logs inside for clean, fresh look.
9. Organize your art collection. Moreno recommends hanging art on only one side of a hallway wall and always leaving one wall blank in a room. You do not need to fill up every inch as the eye needs someplace to wander. If you're displaying a collection, use the same color matte and frame for each picture.
10. Style and de-clutter your coffee table. For a classic look, Moreno suggests this look: "On the left, place a stack of two or three coffee table books. Put a succulent in the middle, and then to the right we do a bowl with decorative balls." Add a decorative tray to stash remotes.
As you look through your MA auto policy documents, you might have seen a coverage called Rental Reimbursement or Substitute Transportation. What is this? And do you REALLY need it?
Basically, Rental Reimbursement/Substitute Transportation coverage is there to help you when your car is unavailable due to a covered claim. Let's say that you had a fender bender and your car is in the shop for a few days getting a new bumper. Or, after a major storm, you have hail damage that needs to be repaired. While the car is being fixed, what are you going to drive??
Most people think the biggest risk to their home is a fire or a bad storm. It’s why they buy insurance (and it’s required by their mortgage lender).
But in reality, the biggest concern is protecting your assets from a liability claim. Consider this...
Summer is on its way.. Finally! Before we know it there will be Memorial Day barbecues and long weekends at the lake. Ahh..
That's why now is a great time to review your MA insurance coverage on all of your summer toys. Read below for things to consider (and review with us) before the big items come out of winter storage.
RV - Your MA motorhome or travel trailer needs insurance coverage, especially if you'll be driving or pulling it this year. Even if you don't have a loan on your RV, you will want it covered for theft or damage. Whether they are parked on a lake lot for the season or driving cross country, we offer several RV policies to fit your needs. Just call us for a quote or simply request one here: http://www.tesearsinsurance.com/quick-quote
So you’re ready to shop for Massachusetts insurance and are hoping for a great deal. But did you know that there are a few things to look for that are much more important than the price of the policy? In fact, don’t buy your next policy until you look for these seven things.
#1 - A Top Rated Insurance Company - You want a MA insurance company that will be around if you have a claim. Don’t choose a company that you’ve never heard of with a price that seems too good to be true! If you aren’t familiar with the company your agent is recommending, ask for a little more information. Find out what they are rated in your state and how long they’ve been around.
#2 - Choose a LOCAL, Independent Agency! While all the commercials on TV will tell you to call a 1-800 number for a quote, it’s usually not a great idea...
Discounts are the best way to save on your MA insurance premium each and every month... but.. a lot of people are missing out on them! With a little documentation you could see a great savings!
Multi Policy Discounts: When you have all of your insurance in one place, you save more! If your MA auto and home insurance is spread out between multiple companies or agencies, let us help you consolidate. You'll be better protected (no gaps in coverage) and save money. With our carriers, you'll save up to 20% on your homeowners policy and up to 10% on your auto policy. That's a significant savings!
Security Discounts: Does your home have a security system or fire protection system?